Sunday 7 April 2013

The Odd Life Of Timothy Green - Review

 So today I went to the cinema with some friends to watch this film, 'the odd life of Timothy Green'.
At first look when I saw the trailers I thought this film would be interesting right, and it's Disney so it would be cute and heart wrenching but a little out of my age range.
This film actually turned out to be all I was expecting, but more.

The general plot of the film is that a young couple, Cindy (Jennifer Garner) and Jim Green (Joel Edgerton), have been trying to have a child, and they find out that they can't. -This made me cry within the first minutes of the film- So after being told that they are wasting money on treatments that aren't going to work, they decide to lay the idea to rest. They write all the qualities they would hope for in a child on scraps of paper to be buried in the garden.
Little do they know that their dreams will come to life and a child will be given (or grown) to them.
Throughout the film, the child, Timothy Green (CJ Adams) fulfils the wishes on the pieces of paper, and deals with life's heart wrenching moments such as young love, death and tragedy.

Even though this film was aimed at a younger audience, I feel it fulfils the needs of all age groups, and deals with real life problems as well as the tasks that young children face.
This film is a great picture to see with your family, and friends too.

It's a lovely mix of tragedy and comedy, as all good films should be. I'm very glad I saw it :)

I would highly recommend this film to anyone who is wanting or thinking about seeing it. It's worth it, believe me.

<I cried the entire way through>






 

So my question for you guys is, if you've seen it of course, what did you think of the film?



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment