Saturday 6 April 2013

Rankin - Destroy Project


So at school we've started a new project, called the 'destroy' project.
And let me tell you, I am in LOVE with this project! It's so great and easy to do.
It's in the name really, 'destroy project' - I was bound to love it :)

It is all based around the project that Rankin did for charity which was the destroy project.
He basically sent back a load of photographs that he'd took of people (he's a photographer) and let them 'destroy' them. He then displayed them in an art exhibit for charity.

In school, so far, we've started our sketchbook pages for this project.



 

This is the first page that I did for the destroy project.

Background - Red ink with black accents around the text.
Pictures - All photos from Rankin's destroy project.
Quotes- All from the celebrities who took part in the destroy project, from the Rankin Destroy website.


 This is the second page that I made for the Destroy project, it basically is my 'test' page for my final piece/s of the project. It features more of my own drawings and paintings, etc, than the last page. It has sort of 3 main pieces on it.

The first of these is this one. So basically it's a picture of basement jaxx, but it's really deconstructed into almost just the outline and some detail. Aswell as this, I've added a sort of running paint effect.
The second is this one, can you believe I actually went outside and collected grass to stick in my sketchbook?

This picture is to mimic the actual destroyed picture, which has 'grass' on
it.

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The next 'big piece' sort of thing on this page is this.It is really quite simple but effective. I just traced (okay, carbon papered..whatever) the picture of Howie B, and painted a big ol cross over his face.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment